Thursday, April 21, 2011

New to work.. my architecture practical

uh!finally i can save some time for my self now!!haha..HI!!its Thursday of 21st April and its my 4th day of practical! after all the heavy loads of the sem!right after my final exam!Puff!!here i am!!doing my practical in one of the well know architecture firm just next to my home!
same routine repetition for these 4 days remind me of school days especially when my mom still send me to work and pack some food for breakfast! no doubt,it was tiring! wake up early in the morning-work-came back and its already night-dinner-sleep-wakeup-work...a never ending story!!and now i sure do understand how tiring it was these whole time for my dad to peak me up from collage after work just because i feel like going back..thanks abaH!

SO!!my days during practical!
its in general a huge firm(for me) with more than 60 ppl!so practical we are not too busy and yes!no body stays up for any submission. in fact!as soon a the clock strike 6..the office will be empty!ahah!the office is divided in to 3 lvl with the lowest floor for trainee and draftsmen, 2nd floor for the technical team and the highest for the design team(OH!!wish i hope i'll be in) bu nah!i'm on the 2nd floor!So im new!so when i first practically i should be on the 1st floor but since theres no other empty table so i get a table on the 2nd floor!but still a yeay for me!!its super cool to be surrounded by great ,experienced ppl in these architecture world...wow!!feels like one of them though!

so my 1st work on my 1st day starts as soon as i came in!it was nice!there is these one nice architect doing a project on an exclusive semi-d development request me to desigh the main gate and a guard house.honestly, i was down and worried!down because i'm doing only a 3x 7meter guard house when my other friends are doing drawings for hospitals or other huge project and feeling even worse because i dont even know how to design a guard house!!what!?we never ever being though how to design that in school before!!and that totally corrupt my confident!!

but i was lucky to have him to teach me!yeah,,it should be a relax project to warm up my design mood actually..but since i was too worried i even take those work back home..!oh yes!it feels so much nicer doing these work at home than in the office(just the way i use to hate doing projects in studio before)..so the next day i consulted..we start a plan..building a 3d and work for the elevation..i say he is patient enough to teach me those.Talking back to my sister,now i realize how important that can be..a guard house,the main gate of an exclusive housing development will be significant enough to give people he overall impression of the development!and i was the one trusted to design that!wow!!now i feel great!!feeling like working even harder now!!

So today continue some work,make some minute for the previous meeting and should have join the technical meeting but agaiN!my down esteem attack me!i dare not join since my supervisor looks busy with it too(ahh..with his serious face!)..so i became job less!what am i suppose to write in my log book than!!a guard house design for a week??!ah!
so i keep on walking around asking for works while he is in the meeting hoping for some 3d works perhaps(which i really enjoy my self)and PAP!!i guy came and gave me this huge project he is appointed to ;a resort project..asking me to help the elevation of the resort!WHAT!!its just some elevation and its making me nervous again!and the work came like only half an hour before 6!but i was happy to be given a great trust anyway!so lets work harder for these coming days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

yeay!